Monday, April 30, 2012

Waiting for Sunrise
By Peggy Kleckner

“Great is his faithfulness;
His mercies begin afresh each morning.”
Lamentations 3:23 (NLT)

Oh Lord, here I am in the darkness before dawn in need once more of a Fresh Start. Give me yet again a new beginning. Let Your Spirit hover over the deep darkness and chaos of my inner life and bring Your light and life.

I wait at the window in expectant anticipation of Your quiet dawn. I have watched it before. It comes silently without fanfare. It comes slowly and at first almost imperceptibly, but it comes. Your revealed presence will come into my situation like that. I may not, at first, recognize Your movement. You may not let me know in advance of Your involvement, but You are always my light and my salvation. I am Yours and You are faithful.

I see it, a lightening of the deep dark. I can see across the street now. The sun has yet to make its appearance, but the light is already rolling back the dark. It is always the darkness that must leave when the light of morning arrives.

I know from your Word that darkness is as light to you, but I am grateful that you understand my need for light. I remember that the new day brings Your fresh mercies. I delight in the fact that a new day, brings me new hope.  It is Your reminder to me of Your faithfulness. One day is all I need to look at and all I need to live in.

Thank You that You know my needs and have provided for them, before I even knew them myself.

The sun has arrived and I bask in a fresh new day. The darkness has turned to light; the grays to bold color. I lay down the darkness of my burden and slip on the fresh garment You provide with Your mercy.  This is the day that You have made, I will rejoice and be glad in it.

GOING DEEPER:
1.  Are you willing to admit your need for His fresh mercies today?
2.  If so, are you willing to accept the truth that you are forgiven and then boldly walk in joy today?

FURTHER READING:

Peggy is a wife and mother of four adult children - - two sons and two stepsons, and is an active encourager at Oakwood Church in Delafield. She serves as the Coordinator of Fresh Start.