Friday, May 17, 2013

Things I Know (But Some Days Fail to Remember)
By Lisa Boyer

“Many, LORD my God, are the wonders you have done, the things you planned for us. None can compare with you; were I to speak and tell of your deeds, they would be too many to declare.”
Psalm 40:5 (NIV)

I know how amazing the God of the universe is:

“For the LORD Most High is awesome, the great King over all the earth.” Psalm 47:2

“… for the LORD your God, who is among you, is a great and awesome God.” Deuteronomy 7:21 

“He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed, miracles that cannot be counted.” Job 5:9

“For the LORD your God is God of gods and Lord of lords, the great God, mighty and awesome, who shows no partiality and accepts no bribes.” Deuteronomy 10:17

“Then I said: "LORD, the God of heaven, the great and awesome God, who keeps his covenant of love with those who love him and keep his commandments” Nehemiah 1:5

I know that God created me(!):

“So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.” Genesis 1:27, 31a

“Know that the LORD is God. It is He who made us, and we are His; we are His people, the sheep of His pasture.” Psalm 100:3

“Your hands made me and formed me” Psalm 119:73a

I know that God chose me to have a relationship with Him:

“For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight.” Ephesians 1:4

“But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God's special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.” 1 Peter 2:9

“In him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will.” Ephesians 1:11 

I know that God has a plan and a purpose for my life:

“For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.”  Ephesians 2:10

“He called you to this through our gospel, that you might share in the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.” 2 Thessalonians 2:14 

Even though I know these things, some days I fail to remember them; but not today, today I will remember!!!

GOING DEEPER:
1.  In the busy-ness of daily life, what is it that you fail to remember? Today will you go to His Word to be reminded by Him? 

Lisa has been married to Ted for over 20 years and they have two teenage sons. Lisa administers Fresh Start’s Facebook and blog, and loves hanging out with and impacting teenage girls for Christ.