Wednesday, August 30, 2017

I Need It Now
by Jeannine Sawall

"And my God will supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus."


Have you ever had a season where everything comes together to create the perfect storm? In a matter of two months, my mother-in-law, son and husband all had surgery. My goddaughter was getting married, and I wasn't just her spring wedding coordinator - - I also made her cake and veil, and did the flowers. As if there was not enough going on, my 31-year-old cousin unexpectedly passed away, leaving behind three young children whom my aunt asked if we would consider taking in. To say the least, I was feeling overwhelmed.

The day after the wedding, I traveled with my girlfriends to Florida before heading to Texas to care of my cousin's children. While in Florida, I ran into an old friend.

Wanting to catch up, she asked, "What's new?"

I rattled off my laundry list of life. She responded, "So...life's a little overwhelming right now?"

I told her that was an understatement! She then mentioned an October women's conference at her church and how our mutual friend Donna was teaching on "How to Deal with Tragedy and Crisis in Your Christian Life."

 I looked at my friend and said, "October? By June 1st, I'm heading home and life should be gravy. I need Donna now...not in October!" 

When I got to Texas, I posted pictures on Facebook, and it wasn't long before I received a message from my friend Donna. It read, How long are you in Austin?  I responded that I was there another four days. Donna messaged back, So when are we getting together?  I knew she had moved to Texas, but I wasn’t sure where in Texas...and Texas is a big state! We were able to get together, and it was a refreshing time of loving encouragement. She poured into me and it was just what I needed. 

I told Donna about my reply to the invitation to her October conference, "‘I don't need Donna in October. I need her now.’  And here we are!” 

Donna laughed and said, "Wow!  God really loves us, doesn't He?!"  We took a picture together and texted it to our friend. 

She responded, "How did that happen?!" 

We laughed again, smiling at how God perfectly orchestrates our lives. He knew I needed the life-giving words Donna would speak into me right then, and He made it happen. God is always faithful to provide.  When life just doesn't make sense, keep walking and watch for His unfailing provision. 


 GOING DEEPER:
  1. When has God provided for you - - just what you needed - - at the time you needed it?
  2. Who do you know who needs some refreshing encouragement?  Connect with them.

FURTHER READING:

Jeannine is a wife and mother of four great guys. She works in the property management business. Jeannine serves in several behind-the-scenes ministries and has a heart for those who are grieving.