Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Satisfied
By Pamela Blattner

The woman said to him, “Sir, give me this water so that I won’t get thirsty and have to keep coming here to draw water.”
John 4:15

For many years, I heard of the gospel of God, but for whatever reason I never received it. Then, in God’s timing, I came to know my precious Savior in a personal way. In my own mind, I thought I was living a good life…but there was always something missing. I was seeking satisfaction, but could never be pleased from within. One day in 1976, I heard a speaker talk about Jesus, and as I listened, I wanted to receive this Christ that the evangelist was talking about. Jesus was calling me to His light. I accepted His invitation to receive Him into my life, and called on His name, asking Him to come into my heart and my life. Little did I know that the Lord had been preparing me for that night. When I heard His Word, I wanted to hear more. I can’t explain how I felt that night, all I know is that I had such peace…and my heart was satisfied. I felt like the woman in John 4 who asks Jesus to give her the living water He’s talking to her about so that she won’t be thirsty anymore.

After that, the more I called on Him, the more I enjoyed Him. My son was three years old at the time, and we were so focused on material things. But now, that same son is almost 40 years old, and I love watching him praise the Lord in church with my grandson in his arms. Knowing Jesus personally has changed EVERYTHING! I have a personal relationship with the Lord and I pray each day that He would continue to make His home in my heart (Eph. 3:17).

He is not just the God in the heavens, but He also dwells in me. I love the Lord very much. He is my life, my light, my way, my rest, my joy, my hope, my glory, my teacher, my guide, my master, my priest and king, the author of my faith who satisfies my every need. Now I have His life. I have redemption through His blood, according to the riches of His grace. By grace I have been saved through faith, and I know this is not of me; it is the GIFT OF GOD (Eph 2:8). Day by day, I am experiencing this great Christ whose resurrection we just celebrated on Easter morning.

I praise the Lord as a believer, knowing that as God’s possession I have been chosen, called, redeemed, regenerated, saved, now I am being guarded, purified, growing and developing, transforming and being built up as a spiritual house into a holy priesthood. And my heart is satisfied. To God be the glory!

GOING DEEPER:
1. Where does your heart find its satisfaction?
2. Who is Christ to you? Make a list and post it somewhere you can see it throughout the day. If you’re not sure, email us at elizabeth@oakwoodnow.org to talk about it.
3. What can we accomplish today in order to walk worthily of the Lord: to please Him in all things, bearing fruit in every good work and growing by the full knowledge of God?

FURTHER READING:
John 1:12; Col. 1:10; Romans 10:9-13

Pam and her husband Richard have two adult children and two grandchildren. She serves Oakwood through its Family Care Ministry and Touched Twice Ministry.