Wednesday, June 20, 2018


All Things
By Peggy Kleckner

“And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose.”
Romans 8:28 (NIV)

All things, not some things…what an amazing concept! When I am delayed (all things), when I am disappointed (all things), when I am blessed (all things), when I am cheated (all things), when I am hurt (all things). On and on it goes. Only God can weave all things so intricately that the outcome is good. I may not see it soon…perhaps not even this side of heaven…but if He said it in His Word, I can count on it as truth. What an extraordinary comfort this truth can bring into a difficult day.

Truth is hard to hold onto when we are being battered by the winds of adversity. We must cling to it as a person shipwrecked in the ocean holds fast to anything that floats. Perhaps that is where the saying, “hope floats” comes from! Truth is the hope we as Christians cling to in our life storms.

John 14:6
reads (NIV), “I am the way, and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father, except through me.” Jesus spoke those words. He is the truth that we cling to in the midst of our life storms. We tether ourselves to Him and hold fast. He makes the way to the calmer waters. Too often we keep fighting, rather than resting in Him. He allows the storm, as well as the calm. He knows the purpose of each.

Is today a stormy day or a calm day for you? Look to Him in “all things.”

GOING DEEPER:
1. What storm are you trying to weather on your own? What “hope” are you clinging to?

FURTHER READING:
Psalm 25; Luke 8:22-25

Peggy is a wife and mother of four adult children - - two sons and two stepsons, and is an active encourager at Oakwood Church in Delafield.